How to Fix Error 5100 on Canon Printers
Error 5100 is common in almost all Canon printers. Error 5100 appears on the computer screen and the red printer appears easily when printing. Before the error 5100 occurred, the printers usually exhibited no signs of damage but the error appear after printing. Error 5100 can be seen in the green power light and the alternating yellow printer light.
If error 5100 appears, turn the printer off for a while, then, turn it on again, print a single sheet of paper and test. If error 5100 continues to appear, then check the following cause of the problem:
- Injection hose (at printer injection) is not working properly or error 5100 is caused by poor hose setting interfering with cartridge movement.
- A brass connector with a printer caused an error 5100 due to the dirty cartridge or leaking cartridges.
- Error 5100 is caused by the ingress of foreign objects, usually gravel or paper, or objects that interfere with movement.
- Error 5100 due to worn or damaged components.
Read Also: How to Fix B200 Error
How to Fix Canon Printer with Error 5100
Once you know the cause of error 5100, you can turn off the printer before doing service. If necessary, disconnect the power cable and USB cable from the printer to avoid electric shock.
- How to fix error 5100 due to ink hose in Canon printer. After turning off the printer, checks whether the printer’s hose movement is normal. If it is not normal, reset the hose so that it moves normally and does not interfere. If the hose can not be adjusted because it is installed, it can be taken to a printer repairer.
- How to fix error 5100 on Canon printer due to dirty cartridge chip. Turning off the printer and open the cover of the printer and check the cartridge might be caught in the middle, as when replacing the cartridge. If the small brass connector is dirty or invisible, remove the cartridge in place and clean the cartridge or alcohol cleaner (or buy a new one). Then wet the tissue with mineral water and wipe dirty brass. After it is clean and dry, continue for testing.
- How to troubleshoot 5100 errors on Canon printers because the printer has external objects. Turn off the printer and add it to the driver. Please open the case. Do not obstruct the removal of the casing before opening the infusion hose and ink pad. If it is dirty, wipe the brush to clean it and make sure that there are no obstacles to the printer.
- How to deal with error 5100 on Canon printer because there is a damaged gear component. The steps to solve it such as identifying damage caused by foreign objects.
- How to Fix Error 5100 on Canon Printer You do not have time to cheat and fix it. Take it to the most reliable printer repairer in your city. 😀
This tutorial for How to fix Error 5100 is worked on all types of Canon printers. This is because most 5100 error errors are the same between one Canon printer and another printer.